Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Bahrain royal appintee

We have not forgotten that this Bassioni guy was a supporter of Sadat and his humiliating peace with Israel.  Don't try to fool any one about his credentials.   This is a guy who never ever spoke against US or Israeli violations of human rights, to my knowledge.  Or not in many many years.   "He recounted one story of a Bahraini opposition figure who was detained.   "He said, 'They kept repeatedly hitting me, one officer, with the palm of his hand to the back of the head and the back of my neck.' And I said, 'Did it leave any marks?' 'No.' 'Did it cause you any headaches?' 'No,'" he says. "You know, I fully recognize that this is demeaning, it's improper, it's physical abuse. But this is not like somebody who is engaging in the type of torture that causes severe physical pain." (thanks R.)