Monday, August 27, 2007

Adam suggested that I do a book club in which I recommend books to be read and discussed. Excellent idea for those who may be interested. But I start my semester (at UC, Berkeley) tomorrow, and at California State University, Stanislaus (my main campus) next week--although I will be in London next week (speaking on Saudi Arabia at King's College). So I will be very busy this semester (teaching every weekday between UC and CSU), especially if I will manage to fit a few speaking engagements before January. I will continue to blog daily, as much as I can, but may provide less links. Sometimes I may only post a sneeze or a yawn. Many of you help me by sending me good links. My friends at Electronic Intifada offered me a house on EI if I decided to close shop here. But while everybody close to me wants me to close down the site--because it is so consuming--it will remain open (but not always caramelized). My enemies seem to be too irritated by it. Is that not a good reason to continue?