Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"“People are a little bit afraid of them,” Mr. O’Reilly said, attributing it partly to traditional Christian education that he said had long taught that “their philosophy of religion was ‘convert to Islam or die.’ ” The fact that Arab-Americans in Dearborn are prone to demonstrations, including protests against last summer’s war in Lebanon and the recent hanging of Saddam Hussein, only adds to the unease, he said." I have to admit that this is true. I mean, I can't deny that. Due to a particular genetic makeup, we Arabs are really prone to demonstrations. In fact, sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night (my two ex wives can attest to that) in sweats: I would feel a very strong and very uncontrollable urge to...demonstrate. It is not uncommon for me to wake up at 2:00AM or 3:00AM and just get out of my house and...demonstrate. I even find myself spontaneously chanting: With Spirit, With Blood. I sacrifice Myself for you, O Bush. Oh, I have meant to ask you: are you also a "little bit afraid" of me?